President's Message - Moving Forward
Dear Academy Fellows, Members and Guests:
I hope that all of you are staying healthy and safe during these unprecedented times. In my last message, I had shared the board's decision to cancel the annual scientific session in New Orleans, Nov 1-3, 2020. We will have our annual business meeting and officer installation this year on Sat Oct 31 at 10 am EST through an online platform.
The scientific program committee has worked on providing a series of online webinars, The webinars will be held once a month on Saturdays from October to March. Each webinar will last for one hour, forty minutes for the presentation and twenty minutes for a moderated discussion.
Tentative schedule is as follows:
- Osteoradionecrosis MD Andersen Data: Dr. Lai, October 2020.
- Long term followup of mandibular rehabilitation - Memorial Experience: Dr. Evan Rosen - November 2020.
- Zygoma implants for maxillary reconstruction UCLA experience: Dr. Jay Jayanetti, January 2021.
- Outcomes Assessment: Drs. Oswald and Salinas, February 2021.
- 3D Printing for MF Pros: Dr. Denny Chao, March 2021
Dr. Evan Rosen and his committee are organizing an online version of the annual poster presentation. Abstract submission deadline Friday September 18th. Poster submission deadline: Friday October 2nd. The best posters will be selected for oral presentations. A tentative date for the poster presentation has been set for October 17, 2020, more details to follow in the near future.
If you have any suggestions for the officers and the board, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to seeing all of you in person in the near future.