American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics
Student Poster Competition 2023
Residents and fellows in Maxillofacial Prosthetics graduate programs are invited to participate in the 2023 student poster competition. As in previous years, there are two categories - Research and Case Report/Technique - and first and second place awards including associated monetary prizes sponsored by the Editorial Council of the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry (ECJPD) will be given.
All approved authors are required to submit a digital poster file, in addition to a printed version for display onsite at the annual meeting.
June 15, 2023 - Abstract Submission Site will be OPEN!
September 15, 2023 - Deadline for Abstract Submission
September 29, 2023 - Deadline for Submission of full poster for judging - in JPG format
Please do not hesitate to contact the AAMP Conference Administration office should you have any questions regarding this year’s AAMP Student Poster Competition. We look forward to your students’ participation!
AAMP Conference Administration
Tel: 858 272 1018
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
First, if you are not already a member of AAMP, there is a 2 step process. You will need to set up a Guest User account before making your poster submission. If you are already a member, please log in and follow the links in the instructions below for members.
- As part of the Guest User signup process, you will receive an email to confirm the Guest User account creation. The Guest User link expires after an hour, so you must click the link in the confirmation email within that time to complete the poster abstract submission form.
- To begin, if you are NOT already a member of AAMP please choose either a Case Study or a Research format and start the process of filling out the appropriate submission form below:
- Note: Remember your user name and password! You will use this same login information to access your abstract record and upload your poster image.
- Return to this page to submit your poster
* There is a 15 maximum word count on the title of the abstract
* There is a 400 maximum word count on the body of the abstract
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT FOR MEMBERS OF AAMP
- If you are already an AAMP member or have a Guest account , use one of the below links instead. If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to log in to access the forms.
HOW TO EDIT YOUR ABSTRACT
- Need to make an edit to your submission? Sign in with the username and password for your account to re-visit your submitted abstract. Make all the necessary changes and be sure to save them.
- Last day to make edits to your abstract is September 15, 2023.
*All presenters are required to submit a digital version of their poster.
Specifications: JPG format at least 1600 pixels wide / size 16:9 ratio (landscape orientation).
Submissions are due by September 29, 2023.
Use PowerPoint and set the dimensions of your poster to 16:9 in landscape orientation. You can do this opening PowerPoint, selecting “Design”, “Slide Size” and “Custom Slide Size”.
Before submitting, save your poster as a PDF file. All recent versions of PowerPoint and most other software applications allow you to save your poster as a PDF file from the “File > Save as” menu or through the “File > Print > as .PDF” option.
Your digital poster should include the following information:
- Title and Presenter/Author Names
- Purpose/Aim, Materials & Methods, Results and Conclusions – where applicable
- Graphs, Charts or Photos that support your case/research
Text: The text should be concise and to the point, with key facts emphasized. Minimum suggested font size: 24 (20 for references).
Colors: Choose color combinations that make your text easy to read on a monitor and have a large contrast (dark lettering on a light background or the reverse).
Layout: Keep data simple and ensure a logical order of the content.
Images and Effects: For embedded images, use .jpeg or .png file formats in a resolution of 72 or 96 dpi. Do not use animated effects, “animations” or videos.
Posters will be made available for viewing under the AAMP members only section of the website.
The 2022 AAMP Student Poster Competition
The Poster Session took place October 30, 2022.
All residents/fellows were invited to participate in the annual AAMP Student Poster Competition. The 2022 competition took place at the annual meeting in Austin, TX. As in previous years, there were two categories – Research and Case Report/Technique – and first and second place awards including associated monetary prizes sponsored by the Editorial Council for the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry (ECJPD) were awarded.
Congratulations to the 2022 AAMP Student Poster Competition Winners:
Research – 1st Place
Dr. Pamela Lloren - The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN United States
Efficacy of 3D Printed Custom Oral Positioning Devices used in Proton Radiation Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer Patients
Research – 2nd Place
Dr. Tintu Sara Chandy - Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY United States
Longevity of Terminal Abutment Teeth Retaining Maxillary Obturators
Case – 1st Place
Dr. Joshua A. Vess- Air Force Postgraduate Dental School, Fellowship in Maxillofacial Prosthetics, JBSA Lackland, TX United States
Generating 3D Facial Models from Patient Procured Digital Records for Fabrication of Facial Prosthetic
Case – 2nd Place
Dr. Mary Lou Juantas - University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA United States
Prosthetic Rehabilitation with a Closed-Bulb Overlay-Obturator for a Pediatric Patient with Rhabdomyosarcoma: A Clinical Report
Please contact Dr. Evan Rosen, Chair of the Research Committee, with any questions regarding the competition.