American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics
Student Poster Competition 2022
Residents and fellows in Maxillofacial Prosthetics graduate programs are invited to participate in the 2022 student poster competition. As in previous years, there are two categories - Research and Case Report/Technique - and first and second place awards including associated monetary prizes sponsored by the Editorial Council of the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry (ECJPD) will be given.
All approved authors are required to submit a digital poster file, in addition to a printed version for display onsite at the annual meeting.
September 16, 2022 - Deadline for Abstract Submission
September 30, 2022 - Deadline for Submission of full poster for judging - in JPG format
Please do not hesitate to contact the AAMP Conference Administration office should you have any questions regarding this year’s AAMP Student Poster Competition. We look forward to your students’ participation!
AAMP Conference Administration
Tel: 858 272 1018
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
First, if you are not already a member of AAMP, there is a 2 step process. You will need to set up a Guest User account before making your poster submission. If you are already a member, please log in and follow the links in the instructions below for members.
- As part of the Guest User signup process, you will receive an email to confirm the Guest User account creation. The Guest User link expires after an hour, so you must click the link in the confirmation email within that time to complete the poster abstract submission form.
- To begin, if you are NOT already a member of AAMP please choose either a Case Study or a Research format and start the process of filling out the appropriate submission form below:
- Note: Remember your user name and password! You will use this same login information to access your abstract record and upload your poster image.
- Return to this page to submit your poster
* There is a 15 maximum word count on the title of the abstract
* There is a 400 maximum word count on the body of the abstract
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT FOR MEMBERS OF AAMP
- If you are already an AAMP member or have a Guest account , use one of the below links instead. If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to log in to access the forms.
HOW TO EDIT YOUR ABSTRACT
- Need to make an edit to your submission? Sign in with the username and password for your account to re-visit your submitted abstract. Make all the necessary changes and be sure to save them.
- Last day to make edits to your abstract is September 16, 2022.
*All presenters are required to submit a digital version of their poster.
Specifications: PDF format / size 16:9 ratio (landscape orientation) or JPG format at least 2000 pixels wide.
Submissions are due by September 30, 2022.
Please submit to: email@example.com
Use PowerPoint and set the dimensions of your poster to 16:9 in landscape orientation. You can do this opening PowerPoint, selecting “Design”, “Slide Size” and “Custom Slide Size”.
Before submitting, save your poster as a PDF file. All recent versions of PowerPoint and most other software applications allow you to save your poster as a PDF file from the “File > Save as” menu or through the “File > Print > as .PDF” option.
Your digital poster should include the following information:
- Title and Presenter/Author Names
- Purpose/Aim, Materials & Methods, Results and Conclusions – where applicable
- Graphs, Charts or Photos that support your case/research
Text: The text should be concise and to the point, with key facts emphasized. Minimum suggested font size: 24 (20 for references).
Colors: Choose color combinations that make your text easy to read on a monitor and have a large contrast (dark lettering on a light background or the reverse).
Layout: Keep data simple and ensure a logical order of the content.
Images and Effects: For embedded images, use .jpeg or .png file formats in a resolution of 72 or 96 dpi. Do not use animated effects, “animations” or videos.
Posters will be made available for viewing under the AAMP members only section of the website
HOW TO FORMAT YOUR PRINTED POSTER:
- Posters should be printed on a single-sided flat sheet. The poster’s dimensions should NOT exceed 40 inches high by 30 inches wide.
- It is the responsibility of the presenter to travel with their printed poster. We recommend using a durable poster tube for traveling.
- It is the responsibility of the presenter to support their poster on the provided foam board on their assigned poster table. Tacks and tape are acceptable.
- All presenters are requested to remain by their poster during the poster session. You should be knowledgeable about your subject and be prepared to answer questions during the session.
- The author is free to use their discretion in the use of photographs, tables, charts, figures, text, as well as models or casts, or other objects serving to illustrate or support their presentation.
- Projectors or other audio-visual equipment CANNOT be used. No electrical outlets or capacity will be provided.
- Clinical Technique/Case Reports should include a literature review, definition of problem to be solved and the criteria to justify the materials and procedures you are using.
- Controlled Research Studies should include a literature review, hypothesis, methods, and materials, results and conclusions.
- Define all trace or product names first, the subsequently in generic terms. All compounds, materials or drugs must be identified.
The 2021 AAMP Student Poster Competition
The VIRTUAL Poster Session took place on October 22, 2021. The Competition Finalists presented their posters during a 1-hour webinar sessions
All residents/fellows were invited to participate in the annual AAMP Student Poster Competition. The 2021 competition took place using a virtual format. As in previous years, there are two categories – Research and Case Report/Technique – and first and second place awards including associated monetary prizes sponsored by the Editorial Council for the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry (ECJPD) were awarded.
Congratulations to the 2021 AAMP Student Poster Competition winners
Research – 1st Place
Arthur Bigsby III - The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN United States
Zygomatic Implant Reconstruction of Head and Neck Cancer Patient: A Classification System and Treatment Algorithm
Research – 2nd Place
Hongli Yu - Tokyo Medical and University, Tokyo, Japan
Dementia Research in Department of Maxillofacial Prosthetics
Case – 1st Place
Steven Handel- Air Force Postgraduate Dental School Maxillofacial Prosthetics, JBSA Lackland, TX United States
Development of Sequential Custom Facial Compression Prostheses Utilizing Digital and analog Treatment Modalities for Interdisciplinary Care
Case – 2nd Place
Nimish Oberoi - University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA United States
Milled Titanium Clasp Assemblies for Interim Maxillofacial Prostheses
Please contact Dr. Evan Rosen, Chair of the Research Committee, with any questions regarding the competition.