AAMP Joseph B. Barron Award
Recipients of the Barron Award:
||Stephen S. Cherrington, D.D.S.
||Lauren M. Bolding, DDS, MS, FACP
||Terry Y. Lin, DDS, MS, FACP
||Ryan C. Wallace, DDS, FACP
||Major Thomas R. Gunnell, DDS, FACP, FICOI
||James A. Kelly, DDS, MS
||Michael Forde, DDS, MDS
||Vladamir Frias, DDS, MS
Established in remembrance of Dr. Joseph B. Barron, Past President of the AAMP and Ackerman Award Winner, to recognize Maxillofacial Prosthetic Residents who exemplify personal qualities and academic prowess with a potential to be major contributors to the specialty, Fellows in the Academy, and future leaders.
Barron Award Guidelines are:
- The candidate shall be/should have been a resident or fellow in an ADA approved or equivalent
maxillofacial residency/fellowship program in the year of selection.
- The candidate should demonstrate exceptional ability in clinical, educational, and
- The candidate should demonstrate significant community involvement, such as
outreach programs in the local, national, or international community.
- Candidates should have accomplished one or more of the following in order to be
recommended for the award:
- Received or are eligible for professional accolades or awards
- Published articles, a thesis, or other worthy educational materials.
- Presented oral papers, abstracts, or scientific posters.
- The Chairperson will forward the required Barron Award Nomination Form to all MF program mentors
- Nomination, ratings of accomplishments and comments are to come from the program mentor on the required Barron Award Nomination Form returned to the Chairperson.
- The Chairperson will forward the nomination forms to all committee members for review and selection process.
- The ST shall conduct the search and determine the final selection of the Barron Award
Candidate no later than July 15th of the calendar year so as to provide an award plaque
at the time of the annual meeting.
- The ST and the Chairperson should inform the awardee and assist with registration for the meeting. No fees are waived for the awardee.
- The award shall be formally presented at the Annual Banquet or Annual Session.
- The ST shall provide the name and suitable images to the appropriate professional
journals no later than November 15th.
- The Barron award winner will receive a monetary and/or in kind benefit to be
determined by the Board of Directors at the interim meeting.
Recommend other types of special recognition that should be given to Academy
Directors of Maxillofacial Prosthetic training programs are solicited for nominations and score their nominees using the AAMP Joseph B. Barron Award Form (pdf file)
Send faxed and completed forms by July 15 to Rhonda Jacob, Award Committee, 713-794-4662 attention Norma.
Dr. Lawrence E. Brecht
New York University- Langone Medical Center
Department of Plastic Surgery
Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Director of Dental Services & Craniofacial Prosthetics
307 East 33rd Street- Lower Level
New York, NY 10016 USA
Office: +011 (212) 557-1300
Fax: +011 (212) 557-1675
In addition to a Cash Award of $500.00, the Academy purchases the plaque commemorating the Award for the winner.